Welcome to our new site!
We just wanted to let you know what to expect from our new site. Our new site is integrated with our brand new plant database. Because of this you will be able to get a lot more information from our site than ever before.
Here’s what to expect:
See a live list of what plants we will have each season.
You can now see when plants are available or sold out! (but we still recommend you give a call before coming to the greenhouse since the availability will only upload once a day and someone can come buy everything before the updates happen)
Also, you can see the prices and sizes of all of our plants.
Our new news and knowledge section is our blog section where we will share useful plant information with you and important shopping information.
Here’s what to expect in the future:
Pictures and descriptions of all of our 4000 varieties of plants! (as you can imagine it may take us a while to build our database since we are starting from scratch but when its done you will love it!)
We are glad you’re here, spend some time and look around a while, we look forward to seeing you this spring at our greenhouse!
COOL PLACES TO VISIT
Central Ohio has many great greenhouses and garden centers. It is a close-knit and friendly community and you’d be hard pressed to find nicer people. We don’t have space to list all the garden centers; you can find them in the phone book. We are listing some of the specialty/hobby greenhouses and public gardens that are worth visiting if you’re in the area:
- Glasshouse Works – Fantastic selection of tropicals, succulents, and hardy plants. Huge display of books, pottery, statuary and garden art. Impressive web site. Catalog. Church St., P.O. Box 97, Stewart, OH 45778 800-837-2142 www.glasshouseworks.com
- Companion Plants – Outstanding herbs and other botanicals. Great displays. Plants and seeds. Catalog. 7247 North Coolville Ridge Rd., Athens, OH 45701 740-592-4643 www.companionplants.com
- Quailcrest Farms – Large variety of herbs, old roses and perennials. Lots of display gardens. Catalog. 2810 Armstrong Rd., Wooster, OH 44691 330-345-6722 www.quailcrest.com
- Wade and Gatton Nursery – THE place for Hostas. Also daylilies, perennials and woodies. Unsurpassed display gardens. Catalog. 1288 Gatton Rocks Rd., Bellville, OH 44813-9106 419-883-3191 www.wadeandgattonnurseries.com
- Lynd’s Fruit Farm – Quality fruit farm with a great corn maze in the fall. 9090 Morse Rd., Pataskala, OH 43062 740-964-4744 www.lyndfruitfarm.com
- English Garden Farm – A private garden open to the public. Extraordinary collection of shrubs, trees and perennials. Limited hours. Check the site or call. 6599 Old US 35 East, Jamestown, OH 45335 877-232-2751 www.englishgardenfarm.com
- Inniswood Gardens – Beautiful wooded Metro Park with streams, wildflowers, formal beds and herb gardens. 940 S. Hempstead Rd., Westerville, OH 43081 614-895-6216 www.inniswood.org
- Franklin Park Conservatory – Outstanding Victorian glasshouse with beautiful modern upgrades. A showplace. 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43203 800-214-7275 www.fpconservatory.org
- Dawes Arboretum – A first class arboretum just off I-70. Great Japanese Garden. 7770 Jacksontown Rd., Newark, OH 43056 800.44.DAWES www.dawesarb.org
- Chadwick Arboretum and Learning Gardens – Spread out over the Ohio State Campus. Interesting flower trials, perennial beds, labyrinth. http://chadwickarboretum.osu.edu
Feel the need for the companionship of other plant nerds like yourself? Here are some:
- Central Ohio Hosta Society – Mona Darwin email@example.com
- Columbus Garden Railway Society – Richard Abler firstname.lastname@example.org 614-885-0351 www.thecgrs.org
- Metropolitan Columbus Daylily Society – Sylvia Mellinger email@example.com www.columbusdaylilies.us
- Ohio Valley Chapter North American Rock Garden Society – http://ovnargs.org/
- Chuck Ellsworth, 5728 Running Fox Lane, Mason, OH 45040 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Columbus Bonsai Society – Hold monthly meetings at Franklin Park Conservatory www.columbusbonsai.org
- Ohio Prairie Association – www.ohioprairie.org
- Central Ohio Daffodil Society – Phyllis Hess 614-882-5720 email@example.com
- Central Ohio Cactus & Succulent Society – http://columbus-cactus-club.webs.com/index.html
- Central Ohio Orchid Society – www.coosinfo.info
- Central Ohio Unit of the Herb Society of America – www.herbsociety.org/units/central-ohio- unit.html
- Ohio Herb Education Center – 110 Mill Street, Gahanna, OH 43230 614-342-4380 www.gahanna.gov/departments/parks/herbcenter.aspx
- Perennial Plant Association – www.perennialplant.org